Monday 31 January 2011

Playing Cards 2011: Ace of Water

I've been a bit slow in progressing the Playing Cards challenge, hosted by Rachel at katzelbows (see the linky button to the side).  It's been rather frustrating, because I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but couldn't find a teardrop punch anywhere.  Finally I found one on eBay and, once it arrived, found out it didn't work very well.  So I ended up cutting freehand, which I could have done in the first place.  Doh! 

So here's a detail shot of the Ace of Water:


It's made up of lots of little droplets, made of fabric papers, mirror card and gauze, accented with different colour stickles.  The back needs a bit more work still; I think it might need some paint lines around the edges to look a bit more smeary.  Anyway, that's progress to date.  


1 comment:

  1. I'm loving it loving it. Those colours are devine. Can't wait to see the finished card.

    ReplyDelete